Contact: Liz Mancinelli - Director of Music Ministries
Welcome to Little Flower Parish Music Ministry! We thank our good and gracious God for gracing us with music. It is in this gift that love is given through sound.
- Music gives voice to our prayer and worship and unites us to God and to one another in our welcoming family of faith.
- It impresses the Scriptures upon our hearts through the power of God’s love in melody and text, and inspires us to ACT upon the Gospel message.
- Music celebrates Christ’s Birth, Passion and Resurrection, gives us HOPE for the future, and is an instrument of God’s healing, comfort and peace.
- It is a powerful tool for encouraging growth in discipleship and leadership abilities.
- Music helps us pass on our Catholic traditions and give witness to the Gospel through the singing of Psalms, Hymns, and Inspired Songs (Colossians 3:16).
Little Flower parish is comprised of a rich diversity of musical preferences. Sacred music of many styles is encouraged and celebrated within our community. We welcome the use of vocal and instrumental music in the classical, traditional, chant, gospel, multicultural, and contemporary styles at all our liturgies and services.
We invite YOU to become part of this dynamic & meaningful ministry!
CLICK THE THE LINK TO SEE OUR CHOIRS.
THE ADULT CHOIR
All singers age eighteen and older are invited to participate in the Adult Choir. We sing a wide range of music from our rich Catholic heritage of sacred liturgical music, including contemporary styles. This choir rehearses on Wednesday evenings from 7:30-9:00 p.m. in the Upper Church. We sing for the Saturday 5:30 Vigil Mass from September to the Feast of Pentecost and at the Sunday 11:30 Mass every third Sunday of each month. The choir also sings for the major feast days of the Liturgical Year (i.e., Christmas, Holy Week, Easter and First Communion).
THE YOUTH CHOIR
Children in grades two through eight are invited to participate in the Youth Choir. The children sing on the third Sunday of each month at the 9:30 Mass. They also sing at the 4:00 Christmas Eve liturgy, at 10:30 Mass on Easter Sunday, and for special events throughout the year, including the Christmas Pageant, The Way of the Cross for Children, First Communion and Pentecost. Rehearsals are Mondays from 4:45-6:00pm for grades 2-5 and Wednesdays from 4:45 to 6:00 pm for grades 6-8 in the Upper Church. Family members are welcome to stay for the rehearsal and join to us in singing a song or two! Rehearsals include vocal, written, prayer and game activities that build good vocal skills, self-confidence, leadership, and prayerful fellowship within the choir.
We invite intermediate/advanced students, semi-professional and professional instrumentalists to serve as members of the Little Flower Music Ministry. Those who are proficient in playing keyboard, guitar, bass guitar, brass, woodwinds, strings or percussion are welcome to serve.
Music for Personal Prayer and Reflection
God is our Refuge and Hope in every part of the Journey of Life.
In Every Age
song in thanksgiving for our Lord's many blessings.
Blessed be Your Name